Responsibility for the work environment in forestry
The employer has the primary responsibility for the work environment, and should know about the Work Environment Act and other work environment regulations that apply to the company or operation. But whether you are an employer, employee or safety representative, you have a responsibility for the work environment.
The employer has the responsibility for the work environment in forestry
You as employer are responsible for your workplace. It means you have the responsibility for the work environment of all who have ever worked for you, even people who are temporarily working in forestry. Even if you are self-employed with no employees, you are responsible for the work environment at your forestry enterprise. Learn more about your responsibilities as an employer.
The employee has a vital role in work environment management within forestry
You who are employees can participate in the work environment management in several ways:
- Inform your employer about risks, incidents, illness and accidents.
- Propose preventive measures for your manager and your colleagues.
- Leave viewpoints on the measures that have been implemented.
- Follow the instructions that your workplace has decided upon.
- Use personal protection equipment.
Last updated 2017-04-27