In certain cases, doctors are required to report illnesses or diseases that may be related to work or the working environment. Such notifications must be sent to the Swedish Work Environment Authority.
As a doctor, you must, for example, report illnesses or diseases, symptoms and problems that:
- point to poor working conditions or inadequate procedures for work adaptation and rehabilitation;
- have affected many people doing a certain type of work (when this number is greater than expected, or more than usual for this type of work or at a certain workplace);
- become more common over time;
- may be caused by exposure to carcinogens or mutagenic substances; or
- are new, unexpected or unusual and can be linked to the work done by the patient.
You can read more about this in Section 2 of the Swedish Work Environment Ordinance.
Description of the process
Last updated 2022-09-20