Responsibilities for work environment in agriculture
The employer has responsibility for the work environment within agriculture
You as a farmer are responsible for your workplace. This means you have the responsibility for the work environment of all who have ever worked for you, even people who are temporarily working in agriculture. It may be, for example, farm relief workers, farriers, veterinarians and other helpers. Even if you are self-employed with no employees, you are responsible for the work environment on your farm.
You can find more information for you as an employer:
The employee has a vital role in work environment management within agriculture
You who are employees can participate in the work environment management in several ways:
- Inform your employer about risks, incidents, illness and accidents.
- Propose preventive measures for your manager and your colleagues.
- Leave viewpoints on the measures that have been implemented.
- Follow the instructions that your workplace has decided upon.
- Use personal protective equipment.
Here is more information for you as an employee.
Last updated 2017-04-26