Legal Affairs and International Affairs
The department’s tasks mainly consist of:
- Answering legal questions from the general public within the Work Environment Authority’s (SWEA) operational area
- Giving legal advice to other departments within SWEA
- Seeing that the activities within SWEA are consistent with the law
- Dealing with complaints regarding SWEA’s exercise of public authority
- Carrying out judicial, formal and language scrutiny of proposals for provisions from SWEA
- Issuing SWEA’s Code of Statutes, giving printing permission and building the register of statutes
- Judicially and formally scrutinising information material from SWEA
- Being responsible for the registry and the handling of documents
- Deciding in confidentiality questions at the head office which have been referred to the authority
- Dealing with working hour matters
- Dealing with matters from the EU Commission about Sweden’s incorporation of EU Directives
- Being responsible for the tasks which result from the authority’s function as a liaison office according to the Act (1999:678) on the posting of employees.
- Cooperating with, among others, the Prosecutor-General, the Police and the Swedish Maritime Administration.
- Participate and influence legislation and policymaking processes in EU.
- Participate and influence international development cooperation.
- Contribute with expertise, knowledge and information about OSH issues international dimension.
Head of Department (Legal Affairs)
Telephone: 010-730 92 87
Last updated 2019-01-15