Description of application of demolition of asbestos
Applications must be submitted no later than three weeks prior to commencement of the demolition. You must also re-apply in the event of any company reorganisation or if your company is assigned a new organisation number.
Permits are not transferable. This means that you cannot use a permit that we have issued to another company for the same workplace.
How to apply
Use the form to apply for demolition of asbestos or materials containing asbestos.
Form on application for demolition of asbestos (Swedish)
Or use the pdf (English)
Asbestos demolition permit application, pdf, opens i a new window
The application must contain the following information:
- Contact details of someone at the company who can answer questions about the application. This need not be a manager or project manager, but it is important that we can contact the person easily during office hours.
- Training certificates for all employees involved in the demolition work, e.g. in PDF format. Training certificates must be less than five years old. Employees must complete supplementary training after five years.
- Fitness for work certificates for all employees who will be involved in the demolition work, e.g. in PDF format. Fitness for work certificates are not required for supervisors.
- Your handling and safety instructions for demolition work with asbestos, e.g. in Word or PDF format. You can either produce your own or use theSwedish Work Environment Authority’s instructions. If you use the Swedish Work Environment Authority’s instructions: you must date them and enter your company name and organisation number at the top. This will make them your instructions.
- A statement from the regional or local safety representative concerning the demolition, e.g. in Word or PDF format.
- If you already have a permit and would like an extension, please write to us when the current permit expires, giving details of the permit’s reference number.
We will contact the contact person and request supplementary information if the application does not contain all the requisite information. You will then have two weeks to complete the application, but you can ask for more time. Applications will normally be rejected if we do not receive the supplementary information we require. We will contact you by email in the first instance.
We will check the information and reach a decision if the application concerns the extension of a permit. We will inform your contact person of the decision, normally by email. The handling and safety instructions will also be sent with the decision once these have been checked. Any extended permit will have a new reference number.
An inspector will check that you have the requisite knowledge to carry out asbestos demolition. We will issue a decision granting you a demolition permit provided everything is in order. We will notify your contact person of our decision by email wherever possible. The handling and safety instructions will also be sent together with the decision once these have been checked.
Knowledge deficiencies or omissions in the application identified by the inspector may result in you not being granted a permit for asbestos demolition. We will send you a decision letter, normally by email.
- You can appeal if your permit application is rejected.
You are entitled to appeal our decision. The decision letter will state what you must do. Send your appeal to the Swedish Work Environment Authority. Explain why you think we should change our decision.
- We will then decide whether to reconsider your application.
We will first decide whether to re-assess your application. If we decide to amend our initial decision, you will be notified, normally by email.
- Your appeal will be referred to the courts if we do not reconsider your application.
We will forward your appeal to the appropriate court, i.e. the administrative court in the region where the decision on your application was made.
Contact the administrative court if you would like to follow the progress of your application.
If you have any questions
Contact our helpline on telephone +46 0107309000.
Last updated 2021-01-08