Questions and answers about bullying

I am not doing so well and I have been bullied or victimised at my workplace for a long time. What should I do?

Firstly you should take contact with the person you feel is subjecting you to bullying. You should then clearly say to that person that you want them to stop the actions to which you have taken offence. If you are unable to do this, you should contact your immediate manager. If you do not feel that you can turn to the manager, you can contact your safety representative. Together with your safety representative you can then come to an agreement about how you should proceed. To report bullying and victimisation to the Swedish Work Environment Authority, you should contact your safety representative who can make the report. Bullying and victimisation can also be a question for the trade union at the workplace. If you quickly need to talk to someone about how you are feeling, we recommend that you contact the occupational healthcare services or the local district healthcare centre.

I am being subjected to sexual harassment/discrimination at my workplace. What should I do?

You can make a report to the Discrimination Ombudsman (DO). The employer also has a number of obligations according to the Work Environment Act and the provisions about victimisation at work (AFS 1993:17). The employer should, among other things, quickly give help and support to the victim.

Organisational and social work environment (AFS 2015:4Eng), provisions

I am being subjected to victimisation and would like an official statement from you in this matter. How do I go about that?

We can, unfortunately, not provide that, because we do not investigate cases of victimisation. 

Is the employer obliged to report sick listing due to victimisation and bullying to the Swedish Work Environment Authority or the Swedish Social Insurance Agency?

Yes, the employer should report this as an occupational illness at The report will then go to the Social Insurance Agency.

Report occupational injury, website (in Swedish), opens in new window  

Was the information on this page useful?

In order for us to respond to your comments, you need to enter an email address.

If you have a question, want to report abuse at a workplace or give us tips on workplaces where the working environment is not good? Contact us via our contact form.

Contact form

Last updated 2016-06-10